Sunglass Spectacular (ABN: 59 080 733 599) knows how much you care about your privacy, and the way information about you is used. We are therefore committed to maintaining the highest standards of personal privacy.
• We collect personal information from you in a number of ways:
a) When you visit a Sunglass Spectacular store to make a purchase, lay-by, or repair
b) If you become a member of the Sunglass Spectacular VIP club either online, or in our stores
c) If you enter a Sunglass Spectacular competition or trade promotion; or
d) If you enter your information on our website
• The personal information we collect about you is in most cases supplied by you when you purchase sunglasses at one of our stores, and may include: your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, birthday, and transaction information
o Complete other transactions with you or on your behalf
o Advise you if a store you frequented has relocated
o Seek your feedback on our services
o Administer a competition, promotion, survey or website feature
o Provide you with products or services (e.g. To deliver a prize you may have won in a competition)
o Send you offers, promotional materials, and news we think could interest you.
We may send offers/promotion materials or news to you via test message, email, or mail. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive our mail, text or email messages. Having opted-in to receive such information, you will always be given the opportunity to opt out at the end of each communication.
• We may need to pass your personal details such as your name and address to companies who perform part of our customer service delivery. This may include courier companies, mail houses, and third party contractors who provide customer data cleansing services. We may also disclose personal information to government authorities as require by law. In these circumstances, we will ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy, to the best of our ability.
• We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If you find that the current information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. To this end, Sunglass Spectacular will on request update or provide you with access to the information which we hold about you. This information can be accessed by writing to our Customer Care Department at PO Box 49, ST Ives, NSW 2075. Written requests assist us in verifying your identity. Your request for information will be dealt with in a reasonable timeframe.
• We store your personal information securely. We protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Only authorised users can access your personal information, and access is only for approved purposes.
• Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents or electronically. We maintain physical security over our paper and electronic data storage. WE also maintain computer and network security, and use firewalls and other systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems.
• The internet has enabled Sunglass Spectacular to service some customers’ needs by e-commerce. We have ensured that our on-line dealings with you are as secure and confidential as your dealings with us in person.